Today on Chessimo you will find out which Chess world Champion you are most similar to. For that you only need to take a few minutes; read the questions and note the colors of the answers you choose (multiple answers allowed).
The color you choose most often will reveal the chess personality you are closest to (see below). But hey! – Don’t cheat! Look at the characters only in the very end.
Are you ready? Then let’s go!
When did you begin to play chess?
- At four years old when I watched adults play
- The basic rules I was taught at five, the enthusiasm came at an age of 8
- With fire and flames as a five year-old
What description of looks suits you most?
- I often wear patterns such as polka dots, stripes, or checks
- I often wear my hair in side parting and am barely ever seen without a tie
- I like being the ‘Bad Boy’ who wears messy hair and pouty lips
You just secured an important victory. How do you celebrate?
- Out of joy and happiness I jump into the next pool – in full gear
- Like I would tell you!!
- I go out for pizza with friends and drink to my victory with a glass of red wine
What – besides chess – do you have a weakness for?
- Travelling, Italian food, or beer
- Philately, Japanese Food, or history
- Soccer, Rammstein, or online poker
Which quote could have been yours?
- “Chess is mental torture”
- “Chess can become an obsession, there is a chance of drifting into a parallel world and getting lost in the eternal cosmos of the game”
- “Harmony on the board beats risk”
You are unhappy with politics in your country. What do you do?
- I cannot imagine becoming politically active
- I become a member of the parliament and chairman of a peace fund
- I write critical comments for newspapers, organize demonstrations and manifestations
What is your playing style?
- Universal, no obvious weaknesses, no risks
- Dynamic, aggressive, belligerent
- Intuitive, no rigid opening, strong in end game
What is your family status?
- I am with my second wife and have two children
- I am a long-term single and don’t want to be distracted by anyone
- I married three times and have (at least) three children who I admit are mine
Your opponent at the board puts you under severe pressure. What is there to observe in your face?
- With my bad temper I lose my poise
- I keep my poker face and stay friendly and calm
- I look coldhearted and serious. Always.
What area could you imagine yourself becoming active in next to your job?
- I would like to model for a cool denim brand and play myself in movies
- I would like to found a consulting company for aviation and advocate human rights
- I would like to help children in need and become a UNICEF ambassador
RED | You are Anatoli Karpov
Who once played against you calls you “Boa Constrictor“. You are risk-averse and know how to make small mistakes fatal for your opponent, mercilessly. You could be in better health condition: You dislike sports and have a drink here and there, but hey – at least you are a non-smoker! For all the travelling we strongly recommend the Miles&More bonus program, it’s going to be worth it! Either you are already travelling the world 200 days out of the year or you’re just about to get started.
GREEN | You are Garri Kasparov
The people of your home town call you „The Beast“. Nobody is better with the Najdorf Variation of Sicilian Defense than you. Maybe you don’t
know yet, but one day you will advocate higher investments in Research and Development to increase global wealth. In case you are married to your third wife, we recommend you to not show off with your stamp collection so often.
BLUE | You are Magnus Carlsen
Congratulations! You are not only referred to as the “Mozart of Chess“ but are also incredibly sexy! To look like this you need at least ten hours of sleep a day. You hate answering questions. “I speak to the world through my moves. That explains everything” is what you state pompously. Sometimes you don’t respond at all, you just get up and leave. Even if you consider yourself the best of the best – try to not break into tears if things are not going so great at the moment. And don’t let you mother do your laundry for the rest of your life.
written by Sarah, translated by Birthe